Programs & Services
The Centre offers a variety of programs and supports to families and the community. Below are brief descriptions of the programs and supports available at the Centre.
- Parent & Child/Baby Playgroups: together with your child or baby, explore the playroom, interact in new and fun ways, and access information or support.
- Community Drop-In Room: visit our drop-in space with toys and comfortable seating where you can meet other families, relax, learn about programs and resources in the community or chat with staff.
- Respite Childcare: quality childcare while you go offsite or are involved in a program.
- Enhanced Home Visiting Program: receive support in your home, beginning in baby’s first four months.
- Parenting Programs & Workshops: explore & discuss parenting in a group setting.
- One-On-One Support: meet privately with staff to get information, receive support or problem solve.
- Prenatal Program: access information on prenatal health, labour & delivery, and what to expect when baby arrives, in an informal group setting.
- Community Trading Cupboard: trade non-perishable food items & toiletries.
- Well-Baby Clinics: meet with a public health nurse to discuss you and your baby's health.
- IWK Women’s Wellness Clinics: meet with a Social Worker or Registered Nurse.
- Ages and Stages Screening Tool: a set of questionnaires designed to help you check your child's development at various times between birth and 5 years of age.
- Volunteer Program: volunteer with Centre programs, workshops, and child development.