Who We Are
Dartmouth Family Centre is a non-profit organization providing preventative programs and services to support and strengthen families and residents in the neighbourhood of Dartmouth North.
Dartmouth Family Centre promotes the healthy development of families and communities by:
- providing resources and activities that support the parent-child relationship.
- bringing people together to grow, cook, share and advocate for good food and a healthy and fair food system.
- providing opportunities to develop supportive relationships with other families and community members.
- advocating for changes to the societal conditions that impede the well-being of families and communities.
What We Believe:
- Community members come to the Family Centre and Food Centre with a variety of experiences and strengths.
- Community members know what’s best for them; they have the right to decide what opportunities to participate in and how often to participate.
- Community members know best whether or not their participation has been meaningful.
The Centre aims to be aware of the interests of community members in an effort to provide opportunities for meaningful participation. Above all, every opportunity for community members to participate is a chance to develop relationships with staff and other participants.